About Me

My photo
I am currently in my last semester at TC and will graduate in Dec. with an M.A. in Intellectual Disability/Autism. After graduating I hope to become a teacher for students with multiple disabilities. EXPECTATIONS FOR HBSE 4005: As part of my Computer course I was required to set up a blog. I hope that through this course I can better know how to use technology in my classroom, both related to specifically to special education, but also computer applications in general.

Monday, October 13, 2008

"Diigo-Highlight and Share the Web!"

For an assignment, I was required to checkout different bookmarking tools used on the internet. I had never heard or seen such tools other than your standard tool on the web browser that lets you save a page to bookmarks or my favorites. I decided to see what Diigo was and cannot believe what I was missing out on. With Diigo I can save pages, as I normally would but I can include tags, a description of the page, and even highlight the text on a page and save it all to my Diigo tab on my web browser. Looking back this tool would have be very helpful when look for research in on-line data bases for papers. There is also a social aspect of Diigo that I have not yet fully explored but from my knowledge lets you stay in touch with friends and meet new people with similar interests. I highly recommend checking out Diigo!
http://www.diigo.com/introduce/home

No comments: